Saturday, February 26, 2011

God's Promises for Me

“A bruised reed he will not break and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.”
Isaiah 42:3



This is the verse that has really spoken to me this week. At the beginning of the week, I was in bed, feeling ready to give up. I didn’t have energy, motivation and just felt overwhelmed by life.


I was wondering if I was going to break. But according, to God’s word, He will give me strength that I won’t break! That gives me So much hope. Right now, my strength is very dependant on His strength. Strength to get up in the morning, strength to be a mom, strength to wash clothes, strength to drive, strength to be around people….you get the picture!



I absolutely love candles. The love for candles was passed on from my mom. She always had a candle on the dinning room table. For me, it helps me relax and I love the different smells they give. I wanted a candle, and yesterday in the mail, a dear friend, sent me one of my favorite candles! I was so touched by God’s goodness, and thinking of the symbol and promise of Him not letting my wick snuff out. There is HOPE.

1 comment: