Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hungry

Last evening DeLynn took me to a “soaking prayer” that they offer at the Columbus Vineyard. This is the second time we’ve gone so we knew what to expect. The last time we went was right before we left for Costa Rica. All day yesterday, I was feeling weak physically and emotionally, so I wasn’t sure I could even pick myself up to go, but DeLynn with his motivational skills persuaded me to go.



The atmosphere is quiet. They have seats set up and a team of people ready to pray for couples or individuals. It’s a very pleasant and safe place to share what’s going on in ones life. We had several people pray for us.


But the thing that grabbed my attention was a paper they handed out to everyone who came in with some instructions of how to open oneself to the Holy Spirit. It was described like a baby bird waiting to get fed. That’s how I’m feeling lately. I need fed. I feel like the little bird with its mouth wide open, vulnerable, weak, defenseless, and hungry.




Here is a song that says what my heart is feeling right now:


“Hungry I come to you for I know You satisfy


I am empty but I know Your love does not run dry


So I wait for You


So I wait for You






I’m falling on my knees


Offering all of me


Jesus your heart is living for






Broken I run to you


I am weary but I know your touch restores my life


So I wait for you


So I wait for you”

No comments:

Post a Comment